A month after the winner of HEINEKEN's first innovation challenge—focused on Sustainability—was announced, the HEINEKEN Ideas Brewery is churning again with their next great design challenge: Reinvent the Draught Beer Experience.
As any red-blooded beer drinker can tell you, there's something special and refreshing about draught beer. HEINEKEN reinvented the category in 2005 when they introduced the DraughtKeg, a portable draught beer system that was a feat of engineering and design. Fast-forward to today's Ideas Brewery Challenge and designers have an opportunity to take inspiration from new technological advances in music, entertainment, UX and product design and implement these ideas into a full-service on-premise Draught Beer Experience.
The Ideas Brewery asks designers to take into account the following areas as hotspots for innovation:
- Knowledge sharing: Men are generally competitive. They look for ways to build connections, and get an advantage over the group.
- Interactivity: Through new media, digitisation and social media.
- Entertainment: Upping the fun factor of draught beer.
- Sensory effects: How could draught beer taste, look, feel, or even sound different in order to excite and refresh the senses?
- Mood shift: Exploring ways to lift consumers up, and energise them!
Beer-drinkers the world-over rejoice! Here's your chance to win $5,000 and a chance to participate in a two-day expert-led workshop in Amsterdam. Enter your ideas today at IdeasBrewery.com!
» By September 28th: An elevator pitch and 3 images (plus a more in-depth .pdf if you'd like)
» PROMOTE YOUR IDEAS: The more votes you get, the better your chances are to move to Phase 2!
» NOVEMBER 2012: Six finalists will be chosen to participate in a 2-Day, All-expense paid Workshop in Amsterdam
» WINNERS: $5,000 for the Winner, $2500 for two runners-up!