The Massachusetts College of Art and Design and Wentworth Institute of Technology have something no other two schools have, two different Industrial Design programs within a stones throw away from each other. 16 Hours to Glory is a culmination of Massachusetts College of Art and Design and Wentworth Institute of Technology students working in small teams researching, brainstorming, designing, and finalizing a solution to a problem which is given at the start of the competition. The next day, students are given the opportunity to present their 16 hour solutions to a panel of outside judges. The goal of the competition is to create some friendly competition, and camaraderie between the two schools of industrial design, and celebrate their differences and styles.
Saturday, March 2nd will be the Design Phase from 8AM to 12AM and March 3rd will see presentations and judging. Both will be held in the Trustee's Room at MassArt, floor 11.
Sponsored by Staples, Bose, Design Museum Boston, Monster Energy and Keyshot.
- Team sign up deadline is Thursday, February the 28th at 6:30 pm.
- B.Y.O.C [Bring Your Own Computer]
- You will find out the design challenge at 8am sharp, on the morning of the competition.
- We will provide desks, chairs, some supplies, scanners, printers, Monster, and music.
- If you have a Cintiq or any Wacom tablet, bring it, we will have a few, but the more the merrier.
- We will provide blue foam, Olfa knives, cutting mats and straight edges.
- Model shop: if you feel you have to, please utilize it before you are too tired. Be smart.
1. Teams of up to three. Students only.
2. All work must be new and original. Don't cheat, be honest.
3. Start time is 8 AM, Saturday March 2nd, end time is midnight Saturday March 2nd.
4. You will have from 10 am until noon on Sunday to work on your presentation.
5. Presentations will start exactly at 12:30 on Sunday. The order will be random.
6. Presentations will be a maximum of 6 minutes. There will be a buzzer.
Sign up by Thursday, February 28: Send an E-mail with "Team Registration" in the subject line to 16hourstoglory[at]gmail.com to sign up, state the members of your team and what school you are from. If you want, a team name would be cool as well.