With Halloween celebrations quickly approaching (this weekend!), it's time to stop procrastinating and start getting your costume ideas in order. From art history reminders to creepy looks into the future, here are some of our favorite takes on turning hard labor into indisputable costume party champions. Okay, most of them aren't great for last minute efforts, but hopefully they'll spark some extra creativity before the weekend rolls around:
12. Impress friends and instantly become the life of the party by housing yourself in a working, wearable Pac-Man arcade game, a segway-equipped Zoltar fortune telling booth or a homemade Etch a Sketch.
11. If games aren't your forte, try turning yourself into a fully functional iPhone or Nikon camera.
10. Incorporate iPads to instantly add creepy, futuristic meaning to any ordinary get-up.
9. Remind people to get their car washed ASAP as an energetic sky dancer—here's a tutorial. Note: wearer must have the confidence to flail arms in public...all night.
8. Destroy enemies—with child—in a Power Loader suit. Your kid will thank you in 20 years.
7. Wizarding Weekend is going also down this weekend—take note from this loyal boyfriend and craft your own Nimbus 2000 broomstick. Or just cast a spell to make it the easy way.
6. We dare you to take it to the Bauhaus level.
5. This one's for the family—turn yours into light-up stick figures.
4. If you're someone that prefers planning—way—ahead, you could always make this Daft Punk helmet for next year. The directions say it will take 17 months, but we know our readers can work fast under epic costume creating pressure.
3. Let the cloud inspire you.
2. Here's another direction you can take the storm motif—you might as well turn your day job into a costume, right?
1. If these over-the-top ideas didn't inspire you to get designing, feel free to take a simpler approach—designers understand that sometimes less is more, after all.
Stay safe in your intricately made Halloween costumes this weekend! We'd love to see what you come up with—send your photos/videos to email@example.com.