A variety of industrial designers have been asked to post YouTube videos answering the same seven questions. Those questions are:
1. How did you get into industrial design?
2. How do you explain your job to those who don't know what ID is?
3. What inspirations have developed your ID style?
4. Which company would you love to design a product for?
5. What is your go-to industrial design program, and why?
6. What do you dislike most about industrial design?
7. What makes an industrial design good?
Videos came in fast and furious, and there are far too many to embed here, but we have put together a bunch of them in a playlist. Kicking it off is Sketch-a-Day founder Spencer Nugent:
Enter a caption (optional)
There's currently 15 designers on the playlist (you can click that little icon at top right of the YouTube window to see if there's anyone you know) and we'll add more as they come in.
Hi Rain, thank you for sharing this. My video is #6 in that playlist :) I was expecting everyone to have similar answers, but I was pleasantly surprised by the variety in peoples' responses.
I’m a lapsed industrial designer. I was born in NYC and figured I’d die there, but a few years ago I abandoned New York to live on a farm in the countryside with my wife. We have six dogs.
Test it out; it only takes a single click to unsubscribe
Don't have an account? Join Now
Create a Core77 Account
Already have an account? Sign In
Please enter your email and we will send an email to reset your password.