Back from a Covid hiatus, SVA's MFA in Products of Design program has announced this year'sOpen House Design Challenge questions. The challenge is for people interested in learning about the program and attending their Open House and Info Session in New York City on November 29th.
"If you're someone thinking about graduate school for next year, we know that there's no replacement for actually visiting the school, meeting the students and faculty, and sitting in on a class or two," offers Products of Design chair Allan Chochinov. "It's also pricey to get here. So with this competition, our goal is to help a prospective student with the flight."
They're also asking entrants to only spend 1 hour on their submissions, so this should be pretty easy for some of you!
There are 5 design challenges to choose from:
CHALLENGE QUESTIONS (pick one)
1. Design a "first aid kit" for people on a terrible first date.
2. Design a collab between Spotify and The World Wildlife Fund.
3. Design an app that challenges how you determine your personal self-worth.
4. Design a demonstration poster that you wish you saw at a recent climate protest.
5. Reimagine a "corporate group bonding activity" that doesn't make people roll their eyes ;)
***The deadline for submitting your idea is Monday, October 30th.
The top 3 winning entrants receive expert portfolio reviews from faculty and experts, and the overall winner will receive travel reimbursement up to $750 to come to the department's open house in New York City on November 29th. You can find all the details at the Products of Design site.
Join over 240,000 designers who stay up-to-date with the Core77 newsletter.
Test it out; it only takes a single click to unsubscribe