Sociologist Francesco Morace, president of Future Concept Lab in Milan, was meeting us in the Appartamento during the Milan Design week and shared with us his interesting views on the current state of the design world and the opportunities that the crisis creates. He also introduces us to the manifesto he had launched with the Future Concept Lab just before the Milan Design Week took of.
>>View all Core77 Milan Design Week 09 Coverage
Please click below to read Renaisssance Link, the manifesto of Future Concept Lab.1. Reunify ethic experiences with economic value through aesthetics. Experimenting and taste in the experience that arises from the encounter between culture and capacity to create, between sensitivity and beauty.
2. Place the artisan tradition at the centre of the attention, giving value to the talent of creation and the arts, like in apprenticeship typical of the Renaissance shop. Take the Renaissance model as a new vision to follow, appreciating its capacity to integrate different knowledge and its consistent strive for growth and enlightenment.
3. Place the artisan tradition at the centre of the attention, giving value to the talent of creation and the arts, like in apprenticeship typical of the Renaissance shop. Take the Renaissance model as a new vision to follow, appreciating its capacity to integrate different knowledge and its consistent strive for growth and enlightenment.
4. Consider cities as an open creative laboratory of cultural and interdisciplinary experiences, in which enlightened companies come back to play a decisive role in social organisation and in the expression of talent.
5. Consider that learning, project creation and contagious transmission of knowledge can become a happy experience if related to a competent use of technology.
6. Define a convergence between the frontiers of the web, responsible capitalism and a Renaissance view of the world. Encourage production models in which values, project sharing and risk-taking are more attractive than profit, hierarchical business models and fear to take action.
7. Give value to the potentialsâ€¨of Design Thinking as the motor of innovation in companies and societies.
8. Emphasise humanistic valuesâ€¨in the relationship between companies and the web. Sharing becomes crucial in order â€œto learn how to learnâ€.
9. Gather worldwide experiences developed on the basis of entrepreneurial creativity and cultural growth, promoting their potentials and their local significance with the aim to constitute an international movement.
10. Act as a collector and catalyst of proposals, projects and people that are in line with these themes in order to give Italy, Europe and the entire world promising future perspectives of growth.
Create a Core77 Account
Already have an account? Sign In
Please enter your email and we will send an email to reset your password.