Core77's retail outlet Hand-Eye Supply is participating in an upcoming civic parade in its hometown of Portland, Oregon. As a part of this extravaganza we held an open call to find a group of "Portland's Most Inspirational Makers" to grace our float. We received dozens of nominees and over 800 votes. In the end four people emerged victorious: and it will come as no surprise to anyone familiar with our city that these creative leaders are from the fields of Beer, Bikes and Crafting:
Tied for 1st Place on the men's side:
- Brewmaster Christian Ettinger of Hopworks Brewery!
- Bicycle Builder Jordan Hufnagel of Hufnagel Cycles!
Sharing the title on the ladies' side:
- Torie Nguyen and Cathy Pitters of Crafty Wonderland!
We are very honored to have this team for our float and encourage all Portland readers to turn out to cheer them on at the Startlight Parade on the evening of June 4th.
Our runners-up, in case one of our Maker Overlords can not perform their duties:
- Designer Luke Mathers of Truce Design
- Bike Builder Taylor Sizemore of Sizemore Bicycles
- Graphic Designer Kate Bingaman-Burt
- Clothing Designer Elizabeth Dye
We really appreciate the enthusiasm displayed by all our nominees and their posses! Here are some pics from our announcement party! Stay Tuned for a live update on the float design!