Over in the Core77 Discussion Forums Matthew Proulx asked if a career in design was right for him? With no way to really answer that accurately I developed a check list:
1) You buy something just to take it apart.
2) You spend hours aimlessly wondering around hardware stores just looking at fasteners.
3) The first thing you do when you pick up something you like is say a way it could be better.
4) You compulsively draw things from you imagination to the point where others think it might be a problem.
5) You just know how to fix stuff, hack stuff, and jerry rig things.
6) You can quote just about any line from Star Wars Episodes IV - VI.
7) You know what "Ironman CAD" is.
8) You know at least 3 of the following people or companies: Jonathan Ive, James Dyson, Muji, Raymond Loewy, DWR, Herman Miller, Eames, MacGyver.
9) You own old things that don't work just because you like them.
10) A conversation with your friends sounds like a Top Gear episode.
Add you own over in the forum!
I love point 4 :)
Test it out; it only takes a single click to unsubscribe
BOULD DESIGN is a strategic partner for bringing highly functional, beautiful and successful product...
We are a multidisciplinary product innovation and development firm that brings bold ideas to market....
Founded in 2007, Ammunition is led by partners Robert Brunner and Matt Rolandson. Our work is create...
ECCO Design is a full service product design and innovation firm. We are a team of designers, resear...
Speck Design is a Silicon Valley product design and strategy consultancy. For twenty years Speck Des...
We partner with teams to deliver fresh thinking and award winning products for passionate audiences....
Olivialand Studio, founded by Olivia Blechschmidt, is a boutique industrial design consultancy that ...
Don't have an account? Join Now
Create a Core77 Account
Already have an account? Sign In
Please enter your email and we will send an email to reset your password.