Over in the Core77 Discussion Forums Matthew Proulx asked if a career in design was right for him? With no way to really answer that accurately I developed a check list:
1) You buy something just to take it apart.
2) You spend hours aimlessly wondering around hardware stores just looking at fasteners.
3) The first thing you do when you pick up something you like is say a way it could be better.
4) You compulsively draw things from you imagination to the point where others think it might be a problem.
5) You just know how to fix stuff, hack stuff, and jerry rig things.
6) You can quote just about any line from Star Wars Episodes IV - VI.
7) You know what "Ironman CAD" is.
8) You know at least 3 of the following people or companies: Jonathan Ive, James Dyson, Muji, Raymond Loewy, DWR, Herman Miller, Eames, MacGyver.
9) You own old things that don't work just because you like them.
10) A conversation with your friends sounds like a Top Gear episode.
Add you own over in the forum!
I love point 4 :)
Test it out; it only takes a single click to unsubscribe
Doris Dev is a New York and Hong Kong-based product development agency with a proven track record of...
CARD 79 gives form to future states by converging strategy, brand, and design. We excel in technical...
Fresco supports world-class brands with world-class design. Based in the Boston area, a leading inno...
Project Duo brings proven innovation and key assets to clients of all sizes. From mom and pop busine...
Zack Group is an award winning brand & package design firm specializing in visual revitalization of ...
PENSA is an award-winning industrial design and consultancy firm that combines strategy, design, and...
Established in 2009, studioFAR is a softgoods design firm based in the Mission district of San Franc...
Don't have an account? Join Now
Create a Core77 Account
Already have an account? Sign In
Please enter your email and we will send an email to reset your password.