You asked and we've delivered: for the past few months, we've been hard at work on an updated edition of our annual salary survey. Each fall for the past 11 years, we have collected and reported on design and creative salaries from thousands of people around the world. Today we're excited to unveil our brand new Design Salary Guide (f.k.a. Coroflot Salary Survey), completely redesigned and rebuilt for 2012 to complement the new Coroflot. Here are some of the highlights:
- We have a pool of over 20,000 data points, with meaningful data on dozens of job titles from around the world.
- The new guide is a rolling tool, available year-round and reporting the results in real-time.
- We've expanded our range to include over 50 job titles—there's something for everyone!
- We're collecting data on a city level, which allows us to report results on a more granular, hyper-local scale (in addition to broader trends).
- You can now enter freelance hourly rates, and in turn we now report on freelance hourly rates.
- We collect and report on salaries and hourly rates in local currencies around the world.
- Our sweet new charting tool shows the 25th percentile, median and 75th percentile of earnings at all times. If we have enough data, we split it up into more detail.
We're also excited to announce a forthcoming set of infographics describing non-monetary aspects of design employment, such as insurance benefits, job mobility and educational profiles. These charts will help paint a picture of the industry as a whole, so keep your eyes peeled for Salary Guide news—we're looking to publish those infographics in three weeks or so.
For now, we invite you to take a peek around and add your info. And of course, share it with your friends!