The premier medical design event—the IDSA Medical Design Conference—takes over the state-of-the-art Center for Advanced Medical Learning and Simulation (CAMLS) in Tampa, FL from Oct. 21-22, 2015. A pre-conference, Experiential Symposium (additional registration required) is scheduled on Oct. 20 with a hands-on operating room/animal lab experience and a contextual usability study on robotic-assisted surgery; along with contextual inquiry workshops on emergency room conditions and interventional cardiology.
“Join the robust debate, experiential workshops and labs with the opportunity to play surgeon. Industrial design has increasing influence over medical design, and to open the opinion from design for usability—to design for delight,” says Conference Chair Mary Beth Privitera, IDSA. "This is an exclusive opportunity to exchange ideas, methods and practices in medical design."
A keynote is set with Stanford University School of Medicine’s Lawrence Chu, MD, an associate professor in anesthesiology, perioperative and pain medicine, who takes a special interest in emerging technologies in medicine.
See more on the latest schedule.
Other speakers scheduled so far for The Usability Ecosystem 2.0 include some of the biggest names in medical design and related fields:
· Tor Alden, IDSA, HS Design Inc.
· John Anastasiadis, IDSA, Johnson & Johnson Global Surgery Group
· Austen Angell, FIDSA, IDSA Board of Directors Chair Emeritus, Modern Edge
· Christopher Carani, Esq., McAndrews, Held & Malloy, Ltd.
· Brad Fain, PhD, Georgia Tech
· Edith Maverick Folger, Boston Scientific
· Sean Hägen, IDSA Board of Directors Section VP, BlackHägen Design
· Dustin Headley, Kansas State University
· Stephen Hopkins, IDSA, Shield Casework
· Scott Kaiser, MD
· Stuart Karten, IDSA, and Karen Radewald, Karten Design
· Cory Kimball, IDSA, and Omar Vakharia, IDSA, Ethicon
· James Rudolph, IDSA, Scott Woodruff and Cheryl Kwinn, Farm
· Stephen Nelson, IDSA, Medtronic
· Aidan Petrie, IDSA, Ximedica
· Bryce Rutter, IDSA, Metaphase Design Group (IDSA Ambassador)
· Joseph Pepé Velasquez, Mediphor Design
· Kevin Young, IDSA, Continuum
Returning to CAMLS this year is Stephen Wilcox, PhD, FIDSA, principal at Design Science. "The conference is a great opportunity for designers working in the healthcare arena to share experiences and brush up on the latest developments. The CAMLS venue, with its simulated medical facilities, provides a unique opportunity to demonstrate new techniques and technologies. It also draws other professionals such as physicians, engineers and human factors experts, who contribute to the learning environment."
2015 IDSA Medical Design Conference topics include: 3D Modeling of CT Scans; Advances in Surgical Simulation; Visual Tools to Drive Usability; Protecting Medical Designs with Intellectual Property; Digital Fabrication; Serving the Silver Tsunami and much more.
Sponsors include: Johnson & Johnson, Farm, Agora Edge, Keyshot by Luxion, BlackHägen Design, Ximedica and GCX. More opportunities are available. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check back for the latest additions to speakers and sessions. Follow the excitement leading up to the conference on Twitter @IDSA #IDSAMedical15 @CAMLSTAMPA
Don't have an account? Join Now
Create a Core77 Account
Already have an account? Sign In
Please enter your email and we will send an email to reset your password.