Passionate about design, social media, and writing engaging editorial content? Then our winter internship might be for you! This internship offers a wealth of experience in editorial research, metric tracking, copywriting and editing (not to mention hanging with us in the New York office!)
We're currently looking for an Editorial Intern for the winter months to help provide support for the editorial team's web and social media efforts. The intern's responsibilities will include but are not limited to creating and sharing content on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, the Core77 calendar and Core77 newsletter.
The Editorial Intern reports to the Community Manager and Editorial Assistant to deliver research and content on a consistent and timely manner. The editorial intern will assist in producing and identifying content for the various properties owned and operated by Core77 working with additional product management teams as necessary and supporting contesting, production of imagery and identifying new platforms to amplify the Core77 brand.
Primary Objectives for this position include—
- Production of copy and content for Core77 social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest)
- Promotional copy for social media and editorial project campaigns as necessary - Managing editorial assignments and posts
- Execute daily searches for relevant social media content (videos, images, news, etc.) - Assist in maintaining the Core77 calendar with regular design events around the world
- Attending design events as needed
Skills to bring to the table & things to keep in mind—
- Innate understanding and passion for social media
- Ability to understand and adapt writing ability to a brand voice
- Strong writing skills, from 140-character Tweet text to entertaining blog posts
- Good sense of humor
- Display a passion for design in all of its manifestations
- Option of working between 4-6 hours each day, 2-3 days each week— in-office schedule flexible
- Must be able to report to our offices in Manhattan
- Paid internship (hourly rate)
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter and responses to the short writing exercise above to our Core77 Editors at email@example.com.
SOCIAL MEDIA COPYWRITING CHALLENGE (REQUIRED)
Please choose two of the four articles attached below. After reading, for each article please write:
– An alternative title option – Twitter copy to promote the article under 140 characters (for example: "The real reason the Rebels want to destroy the Death Star? Fiscal concerns: http://bit.ly/2hezow6") – Facebook copy to promote the article