We are very excited to announce the Core77 Design-Athlon, a series of skill-based challenges to keep our audience of designers and students sharp through the summer months.
Special guest-judges will work with Core77 staff to crown one winner and four runners-up per challenge, with points accumulating over the summer toward skill-based titles and an overall Design-Athlon Championship. Everyone who participates in at least one challenge per skill will get a t-shirt, shipped free to USA addresses and to International addresses for $10. The one winner of each skill-based title will receive a $200 USD cash prize.
Each challenge and its results will be announced via the Core77 Instagram, with points totals being tracked on the Core77.com homepage.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Challenge S1: Announced Monday, June 10 – Deadline Sunday, June 16
Challenge S2: Announced Monday, June 17 – Deadline Sunday, June 23
Challenge S3: Announced Thursday, June 27 - Deadline Thursday, July 4
Challenge P1: Announced Tuesday, July 9 – Deadline Sunday, July 21
Challenge P2: Announced Wednesday, July 24 – Deadline Sunday, Aug 4
Challenge R1: Announced Monday, August 21 – Deadline Thursday, September 5
2. Explore the topic of the current design challenge and take a picture or screenshot of your best work
3. Post your picture to Instagram. Your post must tag us, @core77, and include the challenges general hashtag #c77challenge, as well as a more specific hashtag based on the type of challenge (#c77sketching, #c77prototyping or #c77rendering)
• Each separate challenge will end on its deadline date, and winners will be announced within three weeks. Overall winners will be announced within three weeks of the final challenge.
• Multiple entries are permitted in each challenge, but a participant can not have more than one winning entry per challenge.
• Winning entries will be selected by a panel of design professional(s) and Core77 staff based on skill, presentation and ideas. Winners will be awarded points per challenge, and at the end of the Design-Ahthlon, overall winners will be determined by simple addition of points earned within each of the three skills. Overall winners will need to have participated in at least one challenge per skill.
• $200 prize for the winner of each skill – sketching, prototyping, rendering – will be calculated on points accrued on each challenge they participate in during the skill series. Winner will be announced within 7 days of the closing of the skill category.
• Free t-shirt offer is available to participants who follow the directions under "how to enter," abide by these rules, and enter at least one challenge, while it is open and accepting entries, per skill (sketching, prototyping, rendering.) Eligible participants will be asked to submit their mailing addresses and t-shirt size for fulfillment. USA addresses will be mailed to for free, while International addresses will require a $10 USD payment by the eligible participant.
• The contest is hosted by Core77, and there are no eligibility restrictions.
• This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Do you have what it takes to be crowned the Ultimate Designer? Good luck, and follow along!