1. 2D visual exploration is still the most important, and Adobe is still at the top of that heap. No surprise there.
2. Illustrator edges out Photoshop for the first time. Apparently rapid iteration and adjustment is winning over s3xy hawtness.
3. SolidWorks muscles its way into first place among 3D CAD. A little surprising considering it was originally engineering software, but it's hard to argue with something so easy to learn (and backed up by all that marketing).
4. Alias is still the most requested surface modeler, creaming Rhino by nearly 2 to 1. Again, it's a limited sample, but we thought it'd be a lot closer than that.
5. Pro/E: it ain't dead yet. In fact it's doing pretty well. In fact it's kind of kicking ass. The latest WildFire doesn't look half bad.
6. AutoCAD and 3DSMax are losing favor, which is only fair--they're mostly for architecture and construction after all.